Sundown: Son-of-Rahm Gets Presidential Gift
Plus how Israel doesn’t relate to the oil spill, and more
• Chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel’s family met with Shimon Peres; the Israeli president gave the bar mitzvah boy
a pocket watch a Kiddush cup and a book of Psalms. [Ynet]
• Shmuel Rosner wonders why many magazines—he singles out Foreign Policy—give disproportionate attention to Israel. [Rosner’s Domain]
• Cyprus denied permission for the Gaza-bound “Freedom Flotilla” to mass in its waters. Though the practical effect will be minimal, Israel lauded the island nation. [Ynet]
• A conservative organization is pushing one American Christian minister’s line that the oil spill in the Gulf is retribution for President Obama’s tough line on Israel. [Religion Dispatches]
• The White House’s Jewish Heritage reception is going on right now. Allison Hoffman will file a dispatch tomorrow, but for now, it’s streaming live!