We are very, very excited about our Bloomsday celebration tonight (COME!), and everyone else is excited about Bloomsday, too.
• Contributing editor Ben Greenman, who will be joining us to celebrate, has made this an all-Ulysses day on his Letters With Character Website. (Also, congrats to Ben on being named a Big Jewcy.) [Letters With Character]
• Contributing editor Josh Cohen, who will also be joining us to celebrate, points out that every country has its own Ulysses. [Daily Beast]
• Our goal tonight is to reclaim Leopold Bloom for the Jews. But what about his wife, Molly, who was born Irish Catholic? An interesting, provocative post makes the case for Molly’s figurative—and maybe, even, literal?—Jewishness. [Sisterhood]
• After tonight’s event, turn up the dial for Radio Bloomsday, featuring Jerry Stiller, Alec Baldwin, and Caraid O’Brien (who translated the Yiddish section that will be featured tonight). [Radio Bloomsday]
• Bloom Tweets! [@LeopoldBloom]
• Bloom in Tweets! [VF.com]
• A nice round-up of various Bloomsday goings-on in New York (including, er, ours). [Paper Cuts]
• How Bloomsday is celebrated around the world. [HuffPo]
• And please revisit my interview with Professor Bruce Robbins on the essential Jewishness of Ulysses. [The Scroll]
See y’all tonight!