Sundown: Go South, Young Jews!
Plus the power of hummus, and more in the news
• Southern towns want more Jews. Hey, who doesn’t? [Atlantic]
• Hummus is now the leading “refrigerated flavor spread” in America, which doesn’t sound like much until you hear about the $325 million in annual retail sales. [NYT]
• The leading popularizer of biblical archaeology just turned 80 and published his autobiography. [NYT]
• The Jewish Week’s annual 36 under 36 list drops. [Jewish Week]
• A new Berlin memorial, called Topography of Terror, focuses on those who were responsible for the Holocaust and other Nazi atrocities. [WSJ]
• According to a new study, the Holocaust is responsible for worse economies today in areas where it was carried out six decades ago. [The Moscow Times]
The inevitable irreverent puppet musical Avenue Jew.