Sundown: Little News Yet on Chelsea Nuptials
Plus Livni goes off on Bibi, and more
• We learn a fair bit about Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky’s forthcoming wedding, like that it will take place within three hours’ drive from New York City and have 400 guests. No word, however, on the religious character of the ceremony. [NY Mag]
• As the Turkish-Israeli pissing match (and worse) continues, what is the United States—which for various reasons needs both in its corner—to do? [Politico]
• Ethnic tensions in Kyrgyzstan—mostly against the Central Asian country’s Uzbek minority—have led a dozen Jews to leave and make aliyah. Most its 1200 or so Jews, however, have elected to stay. [Ynet]
• Opposition leader Tzipi Livni criticized Prime Minister Netanyahu for easing the Gaza blockade under international pressure and not defending the Supreme Court’s recent decision integrating a religious school. [Ynet]
• A man convicted of helping Bernard Madoff’s Ponzi scheme was released in exchange for continuing to cooperate in the search for extant funds. [NBC News/Vos Iz Neias?]
Yeah, just Drake asking his very obviously Jewish mother for a tuna sandwich. No big deal.