Daybreak: Will Iran Sanctions Bite?
Plus subsidies in the diamond district, and more
• Iran is well-prepared for the U.S. energy sanctions about to pass, say observers and experts. [WP]
• In an op-ed, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman lays out his peace plan: Land transfers designed to maximize the number of Arabs who are in the new Palestinian state (and minimize the number in Israel). [JPost]
• The Way We Live Now: “Iran, Turkey & Brazil To Stategize” reads one headline. [Arutz Sheva]
• President Obama sacked Gen. Stanley McChrystal over insubordinate remarks made in a Rolling Stone profile and instead put Gen. David Petraeus, who had been running military operations in the whole region, in charge of Afghanistan. [LAT]
• The International Gem Tower in in Manhattan’s midtown diamond district will soon be the recipient of New York state’s largest loan ever, along with numerous tax breaks. Tenants are also not required to pay many customs duties on their trades. [NYT]