• Palestinian Authority President Abbas blamed Israel for the peace talks’ halt, supported an international probe into the flotilla incident, and opposed the Gaza blockade. [Ynet]
• Foreign Minister Lieberman invited his European counterparts to Gaza. [Ynet]
• The Jewish World Cup will be played Sunday on Randall’s Island, between Manhattan and The Bronx in the East River. The soccer tournament will involve New York-based Jewish players hailing from 15 countries. [JTA]
• Once strong Zionists, the Irish now tend to find themselves in the Palestinians’ corner. Why? [Foreign Policy]
• Ess-A-Pickle, late of the Lower East Side, has officially opened at its new digs in Boro Park, Brooklyn. [Forward]
• Kalmen Opperman, “the elder statesman of the clarinet,” died at 90. [NYT]
I’ve never seen it described this way, but you tell me that the house band at the Mos Eisley Cantina doesn’t sound like some sort of klezmer-jazz fusion.