Tablet Magazine and The Scroll will be dark on Monday in honor of the Independence Day.
• Amid the almost impossible amount of adoration for Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad (look, the guy is in many ways great, but you would think he walks on water), here is an alternate take. [Carnegie Endowment for International Peace]
• Russian mathematician Grigori “Grisha” Perelman, rejected a $1 million prize for solving the Poincaré conjecture. Um, can I have it? [NYT]
• Something, or someone, is wrong when indie rock acts start boycotting Israel. [Jewcy]
• Jon Stewart compiles Republican euphemisms for Elena Kagan’s religious background. [Daily Intel]
• Anti-Semitism in Red Dead Redemption. [Heeb]
Signing off for three days, from—where else?—Politics & Prose. Happy Fourth!