Sundown: Frenchmen Want Their -Bergs Back
Plus the post-Mubarak Mideast, and more
• Many young French Jews wish to use their forefathers’ original, decidedly un-French-sounding surnames. In related news, from now on please think of me as Marc Tracovutzki. [LAT]
• A report on how the United States and Israel are preparing for Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak’s death, which is generally expected in the not-so-distant future. [Washington Times]
• Uri Brodsky, the alleged Mossad agent accused of fraudulently procuring a German passport for one of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh’s assassins, is appealing his extradition from Germany. [JTA]
• A Brooklyn cab driver was arrested for handing out “Kill Jews” fliers. Probably better cities—or boroughs—to do that in. [ADL]
• Spotted: Roman Polanski, chilling at his wife’s concert on Lake Geneva. [Arts Beat]
Tablet Magazine will be up and running as usual tomorrow, but for those observing Tisha B’Av, have an easy fast.