Glenn Beck Goes There

Basically says the Jews killed Jesus

Glenn Beck on his show last week.(HuffPo)

The Jewish Funds for Justice ad that ran in last week’s Forward may have been a bit premature. The message, which was supported by more than 250 Jewish and Christian clergymen, Jewish American community leaders, and prominent figures within groups like the labor movement and the NAACP, condemned Fox News host Glenn Beck’s “attack on our shared values” and “demagoguery.” It referred to Beck’s earlier comment concerning JFJ head Simon Greer’s stated belief that “government is essential to quest for social justice”: Such, Beck suggested, is the sort of logic that “leads to death camps.” (“A Jew, of all people, should know that,” Beck added.)

But, guys, if you thought that was bad … well, here was Beck last week (and sorry I missed it then):

Jesus conquered death. He wasn’t victimized. He chose to give his life. … If he was a victim, and this theology was true, then Jesus would’ve come back from the dead and made the Jews pay for what they did.

I’ll keep my checkbook handy, just in case.

Glenn Beck: Jews Killed Jesus [HuffPo]
Jewish Group Runs Ad Criticizing Glenn Beck [JTA]
Earlier: Glenn Beck Says Jew Follows Nazi Logic

The guy may be a demagogue but I don’t think he’s an antisemite.

He may or may not be an antiSemite, but this smarmy demagogue, like all of his slimy predecessors in our painful history (now with the aid of the equally detestable Fox News) craftily employs the antiSemitic diatribes that stoke the bloodlust of the ignorant who fuel his powerbase. Freedom of speech is fine in theory, but it is also the foundation of abuse of power for those who wield it as a weapon.

Michael Stone says:

Glenn Beck is not an antisemite. If you would take the time to listen to his show you would realize that fact! Some of his closest friends are rabbis, so I seriously doubt that your article has any validity. I noticed that you got some of your information from the Huffington Post. Case dismissed!

He IS an anti-Semite.

He’s also anti anything that isn’t male, white and Christian.

In virtually any other country except America (well, maybe Canada and the UK), he would have beenburied under a heap of adverse governmental reaction long ago. . . or just plain buried.

Well, we all know that the American Way of Life isn’t perfect, but with specimens like Beck you’d like to think it could be just a little bit better.

Let’s go to the tape. This MSNBC segment effectively puts it all in perspective.

I am definitely not a fan of Glenn Beck. However, I think this particular statement might be misinterpreted. Note that he says “IF…this theology is true…”

allenby says:

agree with Ilene, he is a SLIME.
He spits slimy dirt on just about everything.
There is another rising SLIME-STAR raised and educated by CNN: RICK SANCHEZ.
Every opportunity comes and he spits his own dirt on Israel.
My guess is he will be replacing GB at Fox soon.
They are all recyclable POS.

If you listen to the video, it’s a really disturbing bit of demagoguery. It’s hard to tell what he stands for. On one hand he says, “Jesus wasn’t a victim.” then in incredibly angry tone, he talks about otherwise Jesus would make the Jews pay for what they did!

If Jesus chose his path, then the Jews did nothing.

It’s a very left-handed smack.

I think one of the principal tactics of modern, organized antisemitism has been to try to delegitimize use of the term ‘antisemite’.

That said, politically distasteful speech can’t always be equated with Jew hatred, even if they often coincide.

Jeffrey Sultanof says:

Glenn Beck knows exactly what he is doing. I’m sure that he can spin any number of words explaining what he was trying to say and why he is not an anti-semite.

He is a despicable human being who spreads outright lies. Too bad too many people believe him, and that says volumes. If he has rabbis as friends, where are they?

Sometimes I’ve listened to him and the image of Father Coughlin comes up for me. That is scary.

Avi Ullman says:

who is glenn beck?

Glenn Beck is a true Nazi, I can not understand how the Fox News can keep such a demagogue,ignoramus and crazy person as a commentator?
WHAT A SHAME!!!

Terry Barr says:

Beck spews hatred either naturally or for money…or both. And I love the comment about “some of his closest friends are Rabbis.” That’s like saying “I’m not prejudiced, but…”!!!

Michael says:

Glenn Beck is not antisemitic. He is also pro-Israel. I’m much more concerned about the far lefts pro-Hamas stance and there promulgation of Jewish conspiracy theories which are truely antisemetic.

Therry Neilsen-Steinhardt says:

The Jews didn’t kill Jesus, the Romans killed Jesus. DO you see any anti-Italian demagoguery hanging around? I din’t think so.i

Ahava says:

Beck is very pro Israel – he is one of the very few voices we heard sticking up for Israel after the “peace ” flotilla incident. He may have said something unfortunate – but he is consistently a friend to Israel and the Jews. B4 we “crucify” our friends – lets examine their more consistent behavior. i think many who have replied have not watched him regularly in order to make an informed judgement. Lets focus on our many real enemies please.

David Epstein says:

I watched and listened to the entire show. Huffington should be ashamed of taking an solid presentation out of context.
Beck was showing that Christian theology is based on individual salvation – not group salvation – social justice.
Social justice requires group justice and is the main underpinning of Marxist thought.
He talked of Jewish-Christian values on individuals – not groups.
Beck is on a strong learning curve on both real American History and traditional American Values.
We need more friend like him.

Hear, hear. Without speculating on Beck’s meaning or motives, this is a red herring. We have real troubles.

Glen Beck. Not until his expose of ACORN did I ever pay attention to this drug addicted ex-alcholic. My brother, a Jew, loves him and I have to think my brother is an idiot.

I would love to debate Glen Beck. I would tell him that the reason Goyim hate Jews is because we knew Jesus and they never did. I would tell him that thousands of years of rewriting can change history any way you wanted it. I even know an intelligent Jewish woman who thinks that Jesus started the Christian religion.

I would tell Glen Beck that the reason they worship the Cross is because supposedly Jesus was crucified on one. If the Romans hung him would they wear a noose around their necks? If they drowned him would they wear a vial of water around their necks? If they strangled him would they wear a pair of hands around their necks?

It’s sad that when an idiot makes a commnt that is against Jews Jews run to everyone for supoort instead of being strong and condemningthis particular idiot alone. I don’t need the NAACP, which Jews founded in 1908 because of lynchings, and all the anti-Jew attitudes of blacks today.

Jews be strong and try to be united for once in your lives and maybe your haters will be afraid to start with you.

Bill Levy zev57@aol.com

Check out the same video at 16:30 min. to see him equate Jew and oppressor in so-called black liberation theology. I’m no expert on that subject, but I can recognize a “know-it-all, megalomaniac idiot” and a dangerous one at that because of his media platform, when I see and hear one. He, like many other non-Jewish supporters of Israel, supports Israel out of Christian theological doctrine that sees Israel’s (read, Jew’s) conversion or death as a part of “salvation” and the “second coming.” Nothing more (or, moral) and nothing less.

Daniel says:

After the case of of that poor woman who was speaking to the NAACP and a part of whose speech was taken out context, leading to her forced resignation from the US Ag Dept – shouldn’t we be a bit slower to toss around the racist and anti-Semite label? Not that some people don’t really earn it, but one questinable theological statement does not earn the label.

And were all those Rabbis and others who signed the Forward advertisement taking as strong a stand against Reverend Wright, who was much more explicit and forthright in his anti-Semitism?

And to “Susy” who says he is a “true Nazi”, you obviously believe that he is explicitly calling for a Judenrein world, invading neighboring countries and enslaving lesser races. You must have been misinformed by someone.

Avner Stein says:

Glenn Beck doesn’t bother me as some as the pseudo-leftists who act as sockpuppets for Hamas and Hezbollah.

At least Beck is pro-Israel.

The attack on Fox News and conservative personalities in general is quite laughable.

The left has a monopoly on major media and is upset someone like Beck has drawn such a huge audience.

People watch Beck because they have no alternative. Every station is loaded with some Liberal talking head whining about the neo-cons and how the republicans hate America.

Glenn Beck poses no threat to the Jewish people IMO.

lovelyisraelis says:

Avner Stein says:

“At least Beck is pro-Israel.”

There you have it!!

The phony pro-Israel mob could care less if someone is an anti-Semite. As long as they support israel, that’s all that matters.

The viscous mafioso Silvio Berlusconi gives a speech praising the Jew-murderer Mussolini and the next week, Abe Foxman awards him the ADL’s “Distinguished Statesman of the Year” award!

Same deal with Glen Beck.
In truth, the Israelis never met a Nazi moron they didn’t fall in love with.

Dueforacrucifixion says:

insane propogandist and are not fooling anyone. but just to entertain the stupidest who do not already know you are insane: The Babylonian Talmud was written in Babylon at the time, Synagogues existed throughout the Mediterranean in use at the time as far afield as todays Germany, so “The Jews” were at least half incapable of being in Israel to murder your moron, secondly the Romans who constantly falsify history crucified not thousands but hundreds of thousands jews and others because of their violent nature, Jews who were not crucified by 70 AD were starved to death in the genocide, and still fought (archeology shows this with the bones), thirdly if killing is wrong Jews and refugees got nothing on antisemites.

Dueforacrucifixion says:

but on a side no one ever accuses me of deicide i’m jealous.

Dueforacrucifixion says:

In fact I just researched there were Jews in India and other Hellenist outposts at the time as traders, since Alexander. Jewish sections of Tunisia and Yemen at the time. Jewish sections of Spain at the time. Jewish sections of Ethiopia at the time. Jewish sections of Morocco at the time. I’m sure many of these were crucified too.

Glenn Beck Goes There

Basically says the Jews killed Jesus

How Time’s Arrow and the Phrygian Half-Step Make Jewish Music Holy

By David P. Goldman — For centuries, Western classical music propelled listeners toward Christian salvation. Then Jewish music changed everything.