• “Netanyahu cannot offer the ‘Clinton parameters’ of a decade ago, and Abbas cannot accept less. It’s that simple. Tragic, but simple.” And six more direct talks takeaways. [Laura Rozen]
• Do we really need that second day of Rosh Hashanah? [JTA]
• President Obama, as seen through the eyes of President Ahmadinejad’s supporters. (Eerily similar to President Obama as seen through the eyes of Tea Partiers.) [Guardian]
• The PLO Envoy complained that Yale’s recent conference on anti-Semitism was “racist propaganda.” [JTA]
• Our condolences go out to parenting columnist Marjorie Ingall on the loss of her grandmother. [Marjorie Ingall]
• Tel Aviv has been nominated for Sexiest Place on Earth for gay travelers. It is going up against Toronto (really?), Barcelona, Vegas (really??), and Rio. [Ynet]
Three-day weekend. How does it feel?