• Prime Minister Netanyahu offered, and the Palestinian Authority rejected, a deal under which he would extend the settlement freeze in exchange for recognition of Israel as a Jewish state. [WP]
• Carl Paladino may be preparing to call his gubernatorial rival, Andrew Cuomo, anti-Semitic, on the grounds that he named Russell Simmons, who has hosted Louis Farrakhan, to an honorary position on his campaign. I once saw Russell Simmons at a restaurant—what does that make me? [Daily Intel]
• This is the best thing I have ever read about Jon Stewart. [Jewish Journal]
• Todd Gitlin and Nissim Calderon argue against an Israeli academic boycott. [Entanglements]
• A profile of Hewlett-Packard’s new Jewish, Hebrew-speaking CEO, Léo Apotheker. [Ynet]
• This has nothing to do with Jewishness, but boy oh boy should you read this article. [Guardian]
Today is National Coming Out Day. Here is probably the most famous, albeit quasi-fictional, coming out ever. Totally forgot Jeremy Piven was on this show!