Daybreak: What’s He Really Up To?
Plus Paladino and his rabbi, and more in the news
• The loyalty oath, the freeze offer … is Prime Minister Netanyahu trying to make peace, or shore up his right flank? [NYT]
• President Ahmadinejad arrives in Lebanon tomorrow even as officials there have tried to downplay the visit. [LAT]
• Dubai police disclosed that two months ago someone who played “a key role in the killing” of Hamas operative Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was arrested, though they won’t say for what, by whom, or what nationality he is. [Haaretz]
• Sanctions have taken a genuine toll even on Iran’s day-to-day economy. [WSJ]
• A committee-approved bill to require a national referendum for land cessions in the West Bank and the Golan still faces important opposition: From both Labor Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Likud Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin. [JPost]