• Washington Post columnist Jackson Diehl persuasively lays the blame for the current direct talks impasse at the feet of President Obama, for his ill-advised focus on settlements. [WP via Rosner’s Domain]
• The Emergency Committee for Israel has created a “Super PAC” (seriously!) and continues to press hard against Senate candidate Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pennsylvania), as does the Republican Jewish Coalition. [Ben Smithl]
• A Tel Aviv gallery will feature a realistic-looking sculpture of a comatose Ariel Sharon. [ArtsBeat]
• You will soon be able to scan the Dead Sea Scrolls from the privacy of your personal computer, smartphone, iPad, or –hone. Google helped out, of course. [JTA/Jewish Journal]
• Another day, another crazy Israeli arms-dealer trying to sell bad stuff to Somalia. [PBS]
• Israeli President Shimon Peres led a candelight vigil marking the 15th anniversary of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin. [JTA]
Cliff Lee put on a clinic last night, holding the all-powerful New York Yankees lineup to two hits, one walk, and zero runs in eight innings, as our team, the Texas Rangers, took a 2-1 lead in the American League Championship Series. Below: The final of this 13 strikeouts of the night.