Sundown: Olmert Asked Bush to Bomb Reactor
Plus is Israel really a liberal’s paradise? and more
• Former President George W. Bush discloses that former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert asked the Americans to bomb what was probably a Syrian nuclear reactor, which Israel (probably) ended up doing in 2007. Bush said no. [Ynet]
• The Anti-Defamation League called on the chief rabbi of Safed to reverse a ban on Jews renting to Arabs. [JTA]
• George Soros’s fund has bought a five percent stake in a leading manufacturer of female condoms. Leave J Street puns in the comments. [Daily Intel]
• People of Houston! Our very own Alana Newhouse and Liel Leibovitz are participating in your Jewish Book Fair on Sunday! [Houston JCC]
• Friend-of-The-Scroll Rabbi Andy Bachman has a new column, “The East Bank.” Here’s the inaugural one. [NY Jewish Week]
Harvey Fierstein, Broadway’s most recent Tevye, reflects on Fiddler on the Roof following the deaths of Jerry Bock and Joseph Stein. Below: My favorite Tevye, Zero Mostel, imprecates the Lord about his wealth.