• Islam Yasin, a senior operative in the Gaza-based Army of Islam, was killed in an Israeli Air Force attack in Gaza City today. Yasin was reportedly plotting to kidnap Israeli tourists in the Sinai. [JTA]
• Residents of Ghajar, the disputed town on the Israel-Lebanon border, want the IDF, which is set to vacate, to stay. [Haaretz]
• An interesting quote from Hannah Rosenthal, the Obama administration’s anti-Semitism envoy, on the connection between anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism. [Goldblog]
• The fall-out from Wire creator David Simon’s speech at the General Assembly, in which he complained that Jewish institutions are not doing enough to halt the “Holocaust in slow motion” in black urban communities, has been mostly (and predictably) critical. [NY Jewish Week]
• “I’m going to Graceland”? Paul Simon to release an album of Christmas jingles. [Jewcy]
And now, an ostrich and a baby giraffe playing tag.