• The AP reports that Israeli firemen are used to this being a busy time of year due to Hanukkah. This is officially the most unfortunately timed article ever written. [AP/WP]
• Israel has asked the United States and several other countries for aid in fighting the forest fires that continue to rage in the north. [Haaretz]
• Uh-oh. Orthodox-black tensions in Balmer. [Baltimore Sun]
• Former Tablet Magazine intern Dina Mann has written a children’s e-book, Chanukah not Hanukah. That’s right: Our interns write books. [MeeGenius]
• Leon Wieseltier remembers the late Stephen Solarz. [TNR]
• Art rescued from Nazi salons des refusés now gets its own exhibit in Berlin. [NYT]
California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger dancing with rabbis. It would be sad indeed if, with his term near its very end, the fact that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the governor of California has lost its shock-value.