• The first Reform, Reconstructionist, and Conservative woman rabbis celebrated Hanukkah with the first Open Orthodox Rabba. [Jewesses with Attitude]
• Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics played on a Louisville softball team called “The Runnin’ Rabbi’s.” Yes this really happened. [Deadspin]
• Mayor Mike Bloomberg needs to end every speech with “and I’m not running for President.” New rule. [Ben Smith]
• Bill Donahue of the Catholic League is attacking Boca Raton for displaying a menorah and a Christmas tree but no nativity scene. Does he not know who lives in Boca? [JTA]
• Sir Paul McCartney plays Chabad. [New Jersey Jewish News]
• A new poll shows that Americans favor U.S. engagement in the peace process. [Laura Rozen]
• A Swiss responder to the forest fire is moving to Israel to be with the woman he loves. Aw! [Ynet]
The White House Hanukkah party featured a menorah salvaged from a Katrina destroyed synagogue. The congregation broke ground on their new location today. Feels like a miracle to me.