• You know that report about how Jared Lee Loughner’s mother was Jewish? Yeah, not so much with being true. [Capital J]
• Auschwitz drew a record 1.38 million voluntary visitors in 2010. [Haaretz]
• Secretary of State Clinton forcefully accused those threatening to topple Lebanon’s government of trying to subvert the U.N. tribunal investigating the former prime minister’s assassination. [Laura Rozen]
• Israel is quietly but actively supporting Sudan’s Christian south in its efforts to secede, while essentially the entire Arab world backs the unionist regime in Khartoum. One reason for Israel’s support for independence? Trade opportunities. [World Tribune]
• Pro-Israel groups are finding it is most effective to be cruel only to be kind. [JTA]
• Newly released documents purport to show that West Germany knew of Adolph Eichmann’s whereabouts eight years before Israeli agents tracked him down and captured him in Argentina. [Der Spiegel]
I think I’ll try Alaska.