• U.S. officials asked President Mubarak to leave sooner than the fall elections, and will likely continue to push for him to do so (as, likely, will the opposition). [Laura Rozen]
• The U.S. ambassador to Egypt has made contact with opposition leader Mohammed ElBaradei. [MSNBC]
• A synagogue in Tunisia was set on fire last night. [Reuters/Haaretz]
• The U.S. withdraws support for the unpopular leader of a top Mideast ally. It just happened to Egypt—could it happen to Israel? [JPost]
• Birthright Israel canceled a planned J Street-affiliated trip, saying it no longer does trips with organizations with Israel-related political messages. Well, except for AIPAC. [JTA]
Democracy: Is it coming?