Sundown: Israel’s Looming Energy Crisis?
Plus Nazi-exploitation producer Friedman dies, and more
• Dani Rodrik on how Turkey’s liberal intelligentsia fellow-travels with Prime Minister Erdogan’s Islamist AKP. [National Interest]
• Vivian Gornick on David Grossman’s To the End of the Land. [Boston Review]
• What Tom Friedman gets wrong about Israel’s stance toward the Egyptian Revolution. [Six Kids and a Full Time Job]
• Shocking—shocking!—to find that the producer of Nazi-fetish porn horror movies like Ilsa: She-Wolf of the S.S. was named David Friedman (although I can’t find confirmation he was Jewish). He died yesterday at 87. [NYT]
• Jewish bandage saves democracy! [JTA]
Pay-Per-Jew Passover Services? Jennifer Grey? Chris Eigeman? Was the late-’90s ABC sitcom It’s Like, You Know … as good as this trailer makes it seem it must have been?