Sundown: Iran Falls Into Self-Parody
Plus, long live @Mayor Emanuel!
• Iran is threatening to boycott the 2012 London Olympics over the official logo, which they claim spells ‘Zion’. It doesn’t, but to be fair, it is a very ugly logo. [Guardian]
• J Street ain’t kosher. [New Voices]
• A history of the Anti-JAP campaign. [Forward]
• Bibi told his party that despite “making efforts to maintain the existing [settlement] construction… we must understand that we are [faced with] a very difficult international reality.” [Haaretz]
• Susan Sontag: Awesome writer, fascinating human being, kangaroo mother. [T Magazine]
• Pro-Gaddafi forces are waging a large-scale counter attack. [NYT]
• In similarly depressing news, the UN Human Rights Council—the one that approved sanctions like 5 seconds ago—plans to adopt a report praising Libya’s human rights record. [Commentary]
• Iran has allegedly kidnapped opposition leaders Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karoubi in secret from their two-weeks of house arrest and brought them to Heshmatiyeh jail in Tehran—The day before a nationwide rally. Oy. [Newser]
When the world seems unfriendly, turn to science and Auto-tune.