Daybreak: On Syria, Where’s the Outrage?
Plus, Abbas vows no Hamas in West Bank, Egyptian violence, and more in the news
• Syria’s crackdown has now taken the form of house-to-house raids. [AP/WP]
• So why is the Western response nothing like what it was to the Libyan regime’s violent oppression? [WP]
• During lunch with a J Street delegation, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said he hopes U.S. aid still comes in and insisted Hamas will not share West Bank authority. [NYT]
• “By lifting the heavy hand of the Mubarak police state, the revolution unleashed long-suppressed sectarian animosities that have burst out with increasing ferocity.” Coptic Christians especially have been targeted. [NYT]
• The CUNY executive board will likely reverse the CUNY board of trustees and Tony Kushner will be offered an honorary doctorate. More at 10. [NYT]
Plus the Auschwitz abortionist, a Hillary-less Sit Room, and more