• On Saturday, Egypt will permanently re-open the Rafah Crossing into Gaza. This will not please Israel. [WP]
• Just how “indefensible” are the 1967 borders? (And also, does it matter, given that President Obama did not suggest a return to them?) [AP/WP]
• Hezbollah’s leader condemned Obama and Prime Minister Netanyahu for their “mortal blow” to the peace process, and threatened rockets. [Haaretz]
• Jared Lee Loughner, the man who allegedly shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed several others, was judged mentally unfit to stand trial right now. [AP/The Slatest]
• Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad was released from the hospital following his heart attack earlier this week. [JTA]
• Excellent profile of the French-Jewish playwright Yasmina Reza. [NYT]
We all need someone we can bleed on.