• Defense Minister Ehud Barak estimates that Syrian President Bashar Assad will no longer be Syrian president in six months. [AP/WP]
• Ron Prosor, the new Israeli ambassador to the United Nations, urged America’s Jewish institutional community to band together against the Palestinian push for statehood in September. [Haaretz]
• “Joe Lieberman, first Jew on a presidential ticket, was embracing Beck, the leading purveyor of anti-Semitic memes in the mass media,” Dana Milbank notes of the Connecticut senator’s decision to attend this August’s rally in Jerusalem. [WP]
• A moving essay on the unique position of non-naturalized Palestinian residents of Jerusalem. [Michael J. Totten]
• Charlotte Bloomberg, mother of New York Mayor Michael, died at 102 (!). [NYT]
• The lost—not last, but close—Jews of … Libya! [AP/WP]
• Oh, also, they’re not going to kill that dog. [Life in Israel]
“A change was made uptown, and the Big Man joined the band.” R.I.P.