Sundown: Peace Now?
Plus Grayson’s back, trouble in Moscow, and more
• Apparently the thing that proximately doomed last night’s Quartet meeting to not even producing a statement was the question of whether to require the Palestinians to recognize Israel as the Jewish state. [Haaretz]
• Gideon Rachman on why the time is simply not ripe for the peace process. [Financial Times]
• Peace Now, which previously had never advocated a boycott, today called for one in response to the anti-boycott law. (Got all that?) [JPost]
• Outspokenly liberal former Rep. Alan Grayson, Democrat of Florida, is running again. [Ben Smith]
• Anti-Semitism envoy Hannah Rosenthal fights an uphill effort to get Arab countries to change their filthy textbooks. [JTA/Forward]
• A Moscow synagogue was firebombed, although the bombs, fortunately, didn’t actually go off. [JTA]
Jerusalem, in Imax! Well, once you go see it in theaters.