Sundown: Today I Am a Punching Bag
Plus, the ‘Jewish Indiana Jones,’ Benny Morris on Egypt, and more
• “Someone had described this job as a punching bag job, that people are going to be having their screaming fits first before signing up for team Obama.” Ladies and gentlemen, the Obama administration’s director of Jewish outreach! [Washington Jewish Week]
• The Torah-thieving “Jewish Indiana Jones” is apprehended (because questing after the Ark of the Covenant isn’t Jewish enough?). [AP/WP]
• A rocket fired from Gaza injured a woman in … Egypt. A misfire? Or something far weirder and more interesting? [Reuters/Jewish Journal]
• Tablet Magazine contributor Benny Morris says that the 30-plus year Israeli-Egyptian peace is either already dead or getting there. [The National Interest]
• Meet the only Jewish student at Baltimore’s historically black Morgan State University. [New York Jewish Week]
Got one minute? You can see every outfit Cher Horowitz wears in Clueless.