• France’s special envoy to the Middle East, a Jewish woman named Valerie Hoffenberg who has been an American Jewish Committee member, was dismissed, apparently for coming out against the Palestinians’ move for unilateral statehood. [JPost]
• For the first time, a submarine will have a fully deployable Torah. [Ynet/Vos Iz Neias?]
• Roger Cohen gets hopeless romantic about the Jews (in a sweeter way than other times). [NYT]
• The last traces of the last Jews of … Lviv, Ukraine! [Guardian]
• A performance by the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra on the BBC had to be turned off early when the performers were drowned out by pro-Palestinian hecklers. [Telegraph]
The two-thirds Jewish band from the 1980s Jane’s Addiction played Tel Aviv. Here is one of their songs, also from the 1980s. I guess this means the 1980s weren’t all bad?