• Iran’s first nuclear power plant was scheduled to begin providing electricity today, as the Islamic Republic announced continued atomic cooperation with Russia. [AP/WP]
• Jordan’s king, Abdullah II, opined that the Arab Spring has made life more difficult for Israel and rejected the notion of Jordan accepting additional Palestinian citizens as an alternative to the statehood drive. [AP/WP]
• The tastefully named Marc Lynch believes the embassy riotForeign Policy Middle East Channel]
• This time it’s the Sacramento, California, co-op that is debating a boycott. [Mondoweiss]
• An excellent profile of Bernard Lewis. [Moment]
• The Jewish Theological Seminary gets ecumenical. [JTA]
Play of the day.