• President Ahmadinejad addressed the U.N. General Assembly. Delegations from the U.S. and elsewhere walked out. He said “arrogant powers” regulate discussion of the Holocaust. Responded the Obama administration: “Mr. Ahmadinejad had a chance to address his own people’s aspirations for freedom and dignity, but instead he again turned to abhorrent anti-Semitic slurs and despicable conspiracy theories.” [Haaretz]
• Nick Kristof scores a long interview with the Iranian president. [NYT On the Ground]
• Is “Islamic liberalism” being birthed in the chaos of post-Mubarak Egypt? [NYT]
• Why, no matter what, Palestinians are probably not going to be initiating international prosecutions against Israel any time soon. [Slate]
• What Gov. Perry gets wrong. (A lot.) [Abu Muqawama via Attackerman]
• Manohla Dargis grapples with Lars von Trier. [NYT]
Happy birthday, Bilbo!