• The final Amy Winehouse album, Lioness: Hidden Treasures, co-produced by Mark Ronson and featuring different versions of her old songs as well as covers, drops in December. [6 Degrees No Bacon]
• Where is the Arab Spring’s Havel? [NYT Week in Review]
• Eli Valley’s spooky latest is perfect for today. [Forward]
• Bernard Madoff may have been a bad guy, but he actually had nothing to do with the financial crisis, and focusing on him only prevents an honest, effective reckoning with what did. [David Klion]
• Rep. Gary Ackerman, Democrat from Queens, apparently told Ilan Grapel when he first was released from Egyptian prison that the Mets had won the World Series. Cruel. [Hartford Courant]
I have not liked this band for approximately a decade, but the song is called “Halloween,” so.