Enjoy the game!
• Roseanne Barr announced her candidacy for the Green Party ticket. The Green Party cautioned that she’d still have to be nominated at the July convention like anyone else. [Page Six]
• Ayatollah Khamanei, Iran’s supreme leader, made an unusually blunt threat of retaliation on Israel and the United States in the event of an attack. [NYT]
• Tel Aviv: Silicon Valley of Europe. [WSJ]
• And Canada wants to make itself the Israel of North America, high tech-wise. [Reuters]
• Tablet Magazine contributor Tevi Troy’s epic paean to Ed Koch. [City Journal]
• And catch Koch talking about Israel’s future (along with senior writer Liel Leibovitz and other luminaries) on Super Bowl Sunday in New York. [92Y Tribeca]
• Rabbi Marvin Hier of the Simon Wiesenthal Center gets an Oscar vote. No, but you should totally continue to get angry when the wrong movies win Oscars. [NYT]
• Rabbi Shmuley Boteach is mulling a run for Congress in his Republican New Jersey district. Says Shmarya Rosenberg: “Now you can hate him for another reason.” [Failed Messiah]
• Benny Morris looks at Greece and Cyprus and why they are newly friendly to Israel. [The National Interest]
• Living up to the name, Diasporist columnist Irin Carmon snapped this shot in Guatemala City’s Plaza Israel. [@irincarmon]
• Marina Weisband: she’s hot, she’s German, she’s Jewish. [Heeb]
• Three Jewish Super Bowl snack recipes. [Kveller]
• Jews of Super Bowls past. [Joint Media Service/Jewish Journal]
Where were you four years ago?