Daybreak: Has the Iranian Die Been Cast?
Plus Anne Frank is now a Mormon (except not), and more in the news
• CURRENT CHATTER ABOUT WAR WITH IRAN is reminiscent of the atmosphere in 2002-3. One difference: the administration is trying to put the brakes on war, rather than driving the war talk. Another difference: the letters “n” and “q.” [NYT]
• U.N. NUCLEAR INSPECTORS DEPARTED IRAN having failed to negotiate access to a certain facility and to certain scientists due to apparent Iranian intransigence. [WSJ]
• MANY ISRAELIS APPEAR MORE OR LESS RESIGNED to war sometime this year. [WP]
• MUSTAFA BARGHOUTI, THE POPULAR Fatah personality, calls for a nonviolent Palestinian Arab Spring. (Marwan Barghouti is in jail; this item originally referred to Mustafa as jailed.) [NYT]
• ISRAEL MUST CONTRIVE A NEW LAW that does not exempt yeshiva students from military service, the High Court rules. [Haaretz]
Today is Ash Wednesday, and I got in trouble for my joke last year. So consider this your public service announcement, that those people intend to have that … whatever there.
Plus Cornell students protest joint Technion campus in NYC, and more