• A 12-year-old student was attacked and beaten outside an Ozer Hatorah school—the same type of school as the one in Toulouse—near Paris. His assailants shouted anti-Semitic slogans. He’s doing okay. It seems like France is not. [JTA/Jewish Journal]
• R.I.P. Hilton Kramer. [NYT]
• Did everyone know George Soros’ original language is Esperanto? I didn’t. [NYT Dealbook]
• Gershom Gorenberg on how both sides try to erase the Green Line from the real and figurative map. [Open Zion]
• So there might be $800 million of art, including Cezannes, in a hole in the ground near the Czech-German border? [Artspace A+]
With the E Street Band on tour, drummer Max Weinberg is stopping by Philadelphia’s National Museum of Jewish American History. This might be his least complex but most physically challenging song. And Lord knows you can’t screw it up.