Sundown: To the Rescue!
Batwoman for D.C. mayor, Norway compartmentalizes, and praying via Twitter
• Comic book superhero Batwoman is running for mayor of Washington, D.C., where she’d be the first lesbian, and also the first Jew, to hold the job, says her “campaign manager.” [Bilerico Project]
• Some Israelis are miffed that Norway has declared 2009 a year honoring Knut Hamsun, who, in the words of a Norwegian official, “was among our greatest authors and a Nazi sympathizer. Can we reconcile this?” The offending institute has invited Israelis to a debate on the topic—to be held next year, of course. [Haaretz]
• This year’s Avignon theater festival in France, which opened yesterday, will include Amos Gitai’s play based on Flavius Josephus’s “History of the Jewish War Against the Romans.” [Bloomberg]
• If you can keep your prayers concise, God will now be receiving them via tweets to the Kotel. [Tweet Your Prayers]
• Chabad Rabbi Peretz Chain completed the Cape Cod Marathon and was “on cloud 37.” That’s one more than twice chai! [NYT]
• The Real Housewives of New York’s Bethenny Frankel plans to marry her boyfriend of eight months, despite having strayed from castmate Ramona’s “Rules for Manhandling.” [NYMag]