• Mario Batali business partner Joe Bastianich claims, not entirely implausibly, to have invented the everything bagel. [WP All We Can Eat]
• This essay situates the “Nakba,” commemorated today, as an event in Israeli history. [+972]
• Ambassador Michael Oren decries allegedly unfair depictions of Israel in the popular press, particularly as compared to the favorable treatment it received decades ago and despite advances Israel has made toward acknowledging Palestinian rights. [WSJ]
• Rep. Joe Pitts told a constituent that the solution to Mideast peace would be to get Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Chairman Yasser Arafat talking again. Similarly, somebody should tell Metternich to get off his lazy butt and fix the eurozone. [The Hill]
• Friend-of-The-Scroll Amir Mizroch on Israel’s secret, high-tech air force plans. [Wired Danger Room]
• Y-Love, who is black, Hasidic, and a hip-hop star, has announced he is also gay. [Heeb]
This segment from Sunday’s 60 Minutes on the mysterious Turkish imam Fethullah Gulen and his network of charter schools, from Turkey to the United States, is [insert your choice of slang for “incredible”].