A bold new freight railway bypassing the Suez Canal may annoy Egypt and the United States, but that’s not the goal
Prof. Xu Xin’s Institute of Jewish and Israel Studies at Nanjing University seeks to establish Chinese scholarship on Jews
The last time China and the Jewish state drew close, the United States drove them apart. Now there’s even more at stake.
6:41 PM —
Jordanian bank found liable for knowingly transferring terrorism funds
5:07 PM —
Security concerns won’t derail annual Breslover pilgrimage to Uman
1:51 PM —
The NYC restaurant will be serving honey and red wine-braised short ribs
12:52 PM —
Rogue diplomat secured passports for rebels fleeing Assad’s bloody regime
11:20 AM —
The story behind a story about a young woman’s search for a new kind of Jewish community
10:35 AM —
A preview of what’s to come over the next few weeks
5:53 PM —
Recipes featuring the Talmud’s five ingredients for a sweet new year
3:23 PM —
New project uses statistics to spot—and publicize—potential mass killings
2:38 PM —
Says Jerusalem bureau pulled his 2009 story about Israeli peace offer
By Adam Janofsky — ‘Chained wives,’ refused Jewish divorces by their husbands, take to social mediaBy Lee Smith — One Middle Eastern nation does indeed pay to influence U.S. foreign policy. Hint: It’s not Israel.By Yair Rosenberg — These Jewish leaders’ influence has been felt around the country, in every denomination, even if you don’t know them by name
Chaya Ben Baruch’s sixth child was born with Down syndrome. Then she did what every good mother does—set out to find him a mate.
The dynamic conductor and genius behind ‘West Side Story’ also wrote classical works. Allen Shawn explores what they reveal.
Batya Ungar-Sargon discusses her exposé on the tax rolls and funding cuts that fueled an ethnic rift in East Ramapo, N.Y.
- Watch Shimon Peres Look For a Job Post-Presidency
- Not Your Bubbe’s Rosh Hashanah Dessert: Salted-Caramel Apple Galette
- Jewish College Student Survey: Israel is Most “Crucial Issue” For Young Jews Today
- Spotlight On: Indie-Folk Trio Distant Cousins
- Real Housewives of New Jersey: the Losers are Back
- A Conversation with Amber Marchese of Real Housewives of New Jersey
- Jonathan Tropper?s ?This is Where I Leave You? finds humor during shivah
- Local artist tackles Jews and sex in ?Transparent? with Jeffrey Tambor