Ep. 4: COVID Etiquette
Navigating crowded elevators, maskless neighbors, and other pandemic etiquette questions with moral philosopher Ben Bramble
This week, Lisa and Aimee are anxious about COVID—about protecting themselves and their loved ones from the virus, of course, but also about navigating a world where every encounter is a potential vector for transmission. What to say to the maskless neighbor who wants to chitchat, or to the strangers not properly distancing at the grocery store? To answer these questions and more, they’re joined by Australian philosopher Ben Bramble, who published Pandemic Ethics: 8 Big Questions of COVID-19.
Like the show? Send us a note at [email protected]. Follow us on Instagram @anxiouslypod and on Twitter @anxiouslypod.
Our theme music is by Low Cut Connie.
Check out all of Tablet’s podcasts at tabletmag.com/podcasts.
- AnxiouslyEp. 18: Being a FriendLisa and Aimee are joined by ‘Golden Girls’ podcast host H. Alan Scott to discuss what it means to be a good friend todayJune 2, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 17: Being HappierLisa and Aimee are joined by ‘The Happiness Project’ author Gretchen Rubin to discuss creating—and sticking with—positive habitsMay 26, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 16: BugsLisa and Aimee are joined by an exterminator who answers all their creepy-crawly questionsMay 19, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 15: Being Jewish EnoughRabbi Sari Laufer joins Lisa and Aimee to discuss the insecurities many of us feel regarding our level of Jewish knowledgeMay 12, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 14: Our Mothers, OurselvesTovah Feldshuh joins Lisa and Aimee to discuss ‘Lilyville,’ her memoir about her complicated relationship with her motherMay 5, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 13: MarriageLisa and Aimee invite their husbands into the hot seat to get their perspectives on living with—and loving—them, anxieties and allApril 28, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 12: Money‘Women with Money’ author Jean Chatzky joins Lisa and Aimee to discuss how to take control of our often complicated relationships with moneyApril 21, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 11: Body Image‘Cheeky’ author and illustrator Ariella Elovic joins Lisa and Aimee to discuss how to rethink our relationship to our bodiesApril 14, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 10: GermsLisa and Aimee reflect on their lifelong aversion to germs in the context of the pandemic, with help from writer A.J. JacobsApril 7, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 9: Time ManagementLisa and Aimee wonder if they’re being productive enough, with the help of ‘Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books’ podcast host Zibby OwensMarch 24, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 8: Knowing EnoughLisa and Aimee explore why they worry about always seeming smart enough, with the help of NPR ‘Ask Me Another’ host Ophira EisenbergMarch 17, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 7: The InternetLisa and Aimee wonder why social media seems so stressful, with the help of ‘Antisocial’ writer Andrew MarantzMarch 10, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 6: NatureLisa and Aimee learn to embrace the great outdoors—ticks and all—with the help of ‘Outside’ magazine’s Emily Pennington March 3, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 5: DeathLisa and Aimee confront ‘the big fear’ with the help of chaplain and scholar Shaykh Faiyaz JafferFebruary 24, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 4: COVID EtiquetteNavigating crowded elevators, maskless neighbors, and other pandemic etiquette questions with moral philosopher Ben BrambleFebruary 17, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 3: ChickenCookbook author Shannon Sarna helps Lisa and Aimee address the ick factor of handling raw chicken and explains why cooking (or not!) can be a feminist actFebruary 10, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 2: Getting OlderFashion commentator Simon Doonan shows Aimee and Lisa that style is all about confidenceFebruary 10, 2021
- AnxiouslyEp. 1: The State of the WorldWriter Anne Roiphe reminds Aimee and Lisa that things could be—and have been—worseFebruary 10, 2021