In today’s Talmud page, Kiddushin 24, it is all about noise. The rabbis discuss the harm that one can cause another by shouting into their ear. This harm may not be an injury that they would be liable for in a court of law, but it is one that they are liable for in the court of the heavens. We all live in a world surrounded by the noise of our outside world, noise that is higher than is safe for our ears. During this month of Elul, perhaps it is an appropriate time to find a moment or two to be quiet and take that time for introspection. What can we do to quiet our minds, and appreciate the silence? Listen and find out.
Like the show? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Send us a note at [email protected]. Follow us on Twitter at @takeonedafyomi and join the conversation in the Take One Facebook group.
Take One is a Tablet Studios production. The show is hosted by Liel Leibovitz and is produced and edited by Darone Ruskay, Quinn Waller, and Elie Bleier. Our team also includes Stephanie Butnick, Josh Kross, Robert Scaramuccia, and Tanya Singer.
Check out all of Tablet’s podcasts at tabletmag.com/podcasts.
- Take OneKiddushin 40 and 41Acquire yourself a friendSeptember 22, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 39Being gratefulSeptember 21, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 38Halfway thereSeptember 20, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 37Our bodies, ourselvesSeptember 19, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 35 and 36Make timeSeptember 18, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 33 and 34R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Find out what it means to meSeptember 15, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 32Honoring God and manSeptember 14, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 31Honor your father and fear your motherSeptember 13, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 30Torah study as an antidote to a woundSeptember 12, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 28 and 29Immediately and for generationsSeptember 11, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 26 and 27On acquiring an elephantSeptember 8, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 25A place without a mensch is a herring, a small fishSeptember 7, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 24NoiseSeptember 6, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 23At the hands of othersSeptember 5, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 21 and 22The importance of soundSeptember 4, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 19 and 20What is our time worth?September 1, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 18Determining our valueAugust 31, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 17Freedom is just the beginningAugust 30, 2023