Sotah 44 and 45
In today’s Talmud pages, responding to murder
Today’s Talmud pages, Sotah 44 and 45, talk about what the elders are to do when they come into contact with a dead body in order to indicate that they are not responsible for the death. Rabbi Dovid Bashevkin joins us to explain the ritual and explores the need to reflect on the societal responsibility to deal with both the injured and the one who commits the injury. Are we equally responsible for the person who is harmed and the person who commits the harm? Listen and find out?
Like the show? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Send us a note at [email protected]. Follow us on Twitter at @takeonedafyomi and join the conversation in the Take One Facebook group.
Take One is a Tablet Studios production. The show is hosted by Liel Leibovitz and is produced and edited by Darone Ruskay, Quinn Waller, and Elie Bleier. Our team also includes Stephanie Butnick, Josh Kross, Robert Scaramuccia, and Tanya Singer.
Check out all of Tablet’s podcasts at tabletmag.com/podcasts.
- Take OneBava Kama 26Twenty-six secondsNovember 28, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 24 and 25Pay close attentionNovember 27, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 22 and 23Watch your backNovember 24, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 21The ruined houseNovember 23, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 20Free BritneyNovember 22, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 19Nothing worth doing is easyNovember 21, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 17 and 18Circumstances beyond our controlNovember 20, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 15 and 16Who’s a good boy?November 17, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 14Edith’s debutNovember 16, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 13Exercising moralityNovember 15, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 12The gig economyNovember 14, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 10 and 11The characteristics of goodness always outweigh the characteristics of negativityNovember 13, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 8 and 9Beautifying the mitzvahNovember 10, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 7Seasonal fluctuations in priceNovember 9, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 6Liable for damagesNovember 8, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 5Evil speech and positive speechNovember 7, 2023
- Take OneBava Kama 3 and 4Welcome to Tractate Bava KamaNovember 6, 2023
- Take OneKiddushin 82 and Bava Kama 2Concluding Tractate KiddushinNovember 3, 2023