The Artful Dodger
A little story about a big character
This week, while Mark’s on book tour and Stephanie is dancing with diapers, we’re bringing you a minisode with a special story of the impact of a single hungry draft dodger. Enjoy
On October 19 at 12pm ET, Liel will be moderating a live discussion along with Manya Brachear Pashman of American Jewish Committee’s podcast, People of the Pod. This is the first in a four-part series by Tablet Magazine and AJC titled “21st Century Europe and the Jews”, which aims to address timely issues related to Jewish life and the protection of democracies in Europe. The series will delve into the most pressing issues in the United Kingdom, Poland, France, and Germany.
The October 19th live program, “How the Jews Went Right in Britain,” will start with the UK.
Go to AJC.org/Tablet to register, and for more details!
Please support Unorthodox and the other Tablet shows you know and love by visiting bit.ly/givetounorthodox and giving a gift of any amount!
As always, let us know what you think of the show! Send us comments and questions at email@example.com, or leave us a voicemail at (914) 570-4869. You can also record a voice memo on your smartphone and email it to us.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get new episodes, photos, and more. Join our Facebook group, and follow Unorthodox on Twitter and Instagram. Get a behind-the-scenes look at our recording sessions on our YouTube channel!
Get your Unorthodox T-shirts, mugs, and baby onesies at bit.ly/unorthoshirt. Want to book us for a live show? Email producer Josh Kross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out all of Tablet’s podcasts at tabletmag.com/podcasts.
- UnorthodoxHanukkah 2.0Ep. 296: Indigenous Jewish ‘Reservation Dogs’ actress Sarah Podemski and ‘New York Times’ columnist Ross DouthatDecember 2, 2021
- UnorthodoxIt’s Not Jewish ChristmasEp. 295: Celebrating the Festival of Lights with comedian Judy Gold, cookbook author Jake Cohen, #HanukkahFails, and new music from Sarah Aroeste and Jeremiah LockwoodNovember 18, 2021
- UnorthodoxBagels and BooksEp. 294: Carb drama, Kristallnacht birthdays, and an interview with Catholic novelist Alice McDermott November 11, 2021
- UnorthodoxHappy ReturnsEp. 293: Our three hosts are reunited, plus an interview with comedian Alex Edelman and a sardine sampling at Sherry Herring’s New York City outpostNovember 4, 2021
- UnorthodoxReturning to PittsburghEp. 292: Marking the third anniversary of the Tree of Life synagogue shooting with an audio portrait of how the community came together in its aftermathOctober 28, 2021
- UnorthodoxSpooky SchmoozingEp 291: ‘Halloween III’ actress Stacey Nelkin, horror writer Carrie Harris, and a ghost story from I.L. Peretz read by Dara HornOctober 21, 2021
- UnorthodoxThe Artful DodgerA little story about a big characterOctober 14, 2021
- UnorthodoxTake Me to ChurchEp. 290: This week, pork controversies, old bands, and a new podcast about an old antisemiteOctober 7, 2021
- UnorthodoxPardon the InterruptionEp. 289: So long, Tishrei! Hello, October!September 30, 2021
- UnorthodoxModern Day HeroesEp. 288: Real life and comic book Jews who kick ... September 23, 2021
- UnorthodoxThe Apology Episode, 5782Ep. 287: We’re STILL sorrySeptember 9, 2021
- UnorthodoxA Comforting New YearEp. 286: This week, we’re helping you ease into the new yearSeptember 2, 2021
- UnorthodoxSneak Peek: Antisemitism, ExplainedA new YouTube series by Tablet’s Yair RosenbergAugust 19, 2021
- UnorthodoxMuch Ado About DiasporaEp. 285: Join us for a special episode about Israeli-American Jewish relations August 12, 2021
- UnorthodoxReviewing ElulEp. 284: Our guest host searches for her soul while our GOTW helps us search for home appliances August 5, 2021
- UnorthodoxLobster RolesEp.283: Stray cats in Israel (again), Netflix star Jaren Lewison on ‘Never Have I Ever,’ and chef Andrew Gruel on giving out free shellfish July 29, 2021
- UnorthodoxThe Pregnancy EpisodeEp. 282: Jewish superstitions, genetic testing, baby names, and moreJuly 22, 2021
- UnorthodoxHomeward BoundEp. 281: Reclaiming family property in Poland, writing a Holocaust survivor’s memoir, and what happens when Jeff Goldblum crashes your wedding photosJuly 15, 2021