• Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi has pledged to not pursue a large number of fugitives operating in Sinai and conducting cross-border raids on Israel. This is going to end well. [NYT]
• In a continuing escalation, Turkish troops fired artillery at targets across the border in Syria after a Syrian mortar reportedly landed in Turkey for the second time in two days. [Haaretz]
• The Dutch government is demanding greater control over ritual slaughter practiced by Jews and Muslims in the Netherlands. A new draft of a decree will require approval by government agents over every slaughter. [JTA]
• Alex Pollack tells the story of a Jewish law student in the throes of affection for a non-Jewish girl who has never met a Jew before. [Jewcy]
• Reports that Allen Iverson will be playing for Maccabi Haifa are not true, ending the dreams of hundreds of thousands of Iverson/Maccabi Haifa fans (and perhaps just as many sportswriters). [JTA]
Have a great holiday!