• The usual liberal suspects think soon-to-be House Majority Whip Eric Cantor’s plan to separate Israeli aid from other foreign aid is a dumb idea, including J Street, Democrats, and … AIPAC. [Ben Smith]
• Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who won the Nobel Peace Prize for his opposition to apartheid, called on a South African opera company not to perform in Israel, comparing the situation there to South Africa before reforms. [Arts Beat]
• Why the NBA’s new rule against arguing with the refs is un-Jewish. [Kaplan’s Korner]
• “Jeffrey Goldberg: animal lover.” [Jewish Journal]
• Meet the Israeli Tea Party! Because the world needed another. [JPost]
• Ron Kaplan notes that Dick Miles, the biggest ping-pong champion in American history, is a member of neither the International nor the National Jewish Hall of Fame. I smell a cause célèbre. [Kaplan’s Korner]
Igor Olshansky: You are a defensive lineman; tackling Ahmad Bradshaw is your job, so there is no need to celebrate so elaborately. Stop being a shanda and start getting your 1-5 team off the home-field schneid.