• Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl was murdered nine years ago by Al Qaeda affiliates, explicitly because he was Jewish. Today, more than a dozen suspects remain at large, thanks to our strong ally Pakistan. [NYT]
• J Street and Americans for Peace Now asked President Obama not to veto the Palestinians’ U.N. draft resolution condemning Israeli settlements. [JTA]
• Israel’s streak of consecutive years with its entrant being nominated for the Best Foreign Film Oscar will end at three—this year’s nominee fell short. [JTA]
• An hour after taking his oath of office, the new Alabama governor said, “Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I’m telling you, you’re not my brother and you’re not my sister.” Sucks to be us, I guess. (He since apologized to Jewish groups.) [Salon]
• Natalie Portman reports that she’s “very superstitious” about her pregnancy. Why? “I’m very Jewish that way.” [People]
America’s Next Top Jew, with your host, Toyrah Banks. C’mon, would I—could I—make that up?