• The 18-year-old Hasidic woman who testified against Nechemya Weberman at his trial, detailing years of sexual abuse by the Hasidic counselor (Weberman is currently serving a 50-year sentence at a maximum security prison) was taunted and driven out of her Williamsburg synagogue by fellow congregants during Rosh Hashanah services. [NY Post]
• The annual Rosh Hashanah pilgrimage to Uman, Ukraine, by thousands of Breslov Hasidim this year resulted in a fire in a rented house (following an indoor barbecue), power outages, a marijuana arrest, a sewage flood, and the injury of an Israeli police officer who intervened in a dust-up between the pilgrims and locals. [JTA]
• Hitler’s ever faithful bodyguard, and the last surviving witness to the Fuhrer’s funeral, has died at 96. [Daily Intel]
• British comedian Russell Brand was thrown out of the GQ Men of the Year awards after-party for telling that crowd that event sponsor Hugo Boss designed Nazi uniforms. [Daily Mail]
• Our friends at the Gefilteria get some love for their whitefish and pike gefilte loaf, which my family tried during Rosh Hashanah and can happily vouch for. [WSJ]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.