• According to the Times, Turkish authorities say that al-Qaeda plots against a synagogue in Istanbul as well as the American Embassy in Ankara were foiled. In a raid in February, 12 alleged members were detained and 50 pounds of explosives were seized. [NYT]
• Western diplomats claim that they have proof that Syrian dictator Bashar Assad used chemical weapons during Syria’s two year civil war. [ToI]
• Roger Waters is blaming his cancelled talk at the 92Y on pro-Israel advocates. I blame it on The Division Bell. [Forward]
• A South African Jewish doctor who was arrested while connecting through the United Arab Emirates remains trapped in the country. Unbeknownst to him, Dr. Cyril Karabus was convicted of a crime in absentia years after he worked as a doctor in Abu Dhabi. [NYT]
• Israeli Eurovision contestant Moran Mazor has been told that she is not allowed to wear the dress that disgraced designer John Galliano designed for her. The title of the song she’ll be performing? Rak Bishvilo or “Only For Him.” [JTA]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.