• Tablet’s adoptive team, the Baltimore Ravens, fended off a major comeback by the San Francisco 49ers to win the Super Bowl last night. The 34-31 game was notable not only for its late-second heroics, but also its ads, questionable officiating, and unprecedented power outrage, which stopped play for 34 minutes. [NYT]
• According to experts, and who isn’t an expert at this point (amirite?), Iran has the material it needs to build a nuclear weapon, if it so chooses. Amos Yadlin told reporters that Iran could build a bomb in about four-to-six months. [Times of Israel]
• Following the reported-but-possibly-falsified story about the successful launch of a monkey into space by Iran, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said he wants to be the first Iranian in space. N’siah tovah! [JPost]
• Former Baltimore Ravens owner Art Modell failed to qualify for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Modell, who passed away last year, was one of the league’s most influential owner. [JTA]
• The Forward asks the question no doubt on all of our minds: Can dogs and Jews be friends? [Forward]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.