• The controversial conversion bill passed parliamentary committee yesterday. One American rabbi warned that it “delegitimizes most of American Jewry.” [WP]
• The IDF’s probe into the flotilla incident found several errors, notably of intelligence, but ultimately determined it was justified in killing the nine civilians under the circumstances. [NYT]
• Meanwhile, the IDF prepares for a Libyan-sponsored humanitarian boat, with the Foreign Ministry urging it to wait to interdict the boat until it reaches Gaza’s territorial waters. [Haaretz]
• An Iranian nuclear scientist who mysteriously disappeared from Saudi Arabia last year turned up last night at the Pakistan Embassy in Washington, D.C., which houses the Iranian interests section. [Laura Rozen]
• Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pennsylvania), Syrian-Israeli peace mediator? [JTA]
• Israel is on a record-setting tourism pace this year. [JTA]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.