• The conflicting testimony so far given to Israel’s Turkel Commission has made it difficult to assess blame for the flotilla fiasco. [WP]
• Iran pledged to make up the funding shortfall caused by U.S. congresspersons’ hold on $100 million in Lebanese military aid. Hey, it’s your money. [LAT]
• The New York Times editorializes in favor of direct talks, specifically prodding Palestinian President Abbas. [NYT]
• The IDF chief-of-staff insisted to Turkel et al that the commandos who boarded the Mavi Marmara and killed nine aboard used “proportionate and correct” force. [Haaretz]
• The U.S. State Department modified its earlier Israeli travel warning after Israel complained of unfair treatment. [AP/Ynet]
• The IDF is reexamining its rules of engagement vis-à-vis the Lebanese Armed Forces in light of last week’s skirmish; previously, the LAF had been seen as generally neutral. [JPost]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.