• Hamas welcomed Israeli students back to their first day of school by firing rockets at a high school in the Negev. Israeli President Shimon Peres promised a response. [JPost]
• Der Spiegel reported yesterday that Germany, in the years after the 1972 Olympics, had meetings and extensive contact with the Black September terrorist group that perpetrated the Munich massacre. [YNet]
• Congressional candidate and rabbi Shmuley Boteach spoke highly of his newest benefactor Sheldon Adelson this weekend, saying that Adelson “will bring democracy” to Boteach’s New Jersey district. [BuzzFeed]
• Adam Levick sees hypocrisy in The Guardian‘s firing of writer Joshua Treviño, who controversially tweeted about the IDF’s actions in the Turkish flotilla incident. [Times of Israel]
• Moriah, the one of two remaining Jewish day schools in New Zealand, is closing its doors at the end of year, citing low enrollment. [JTA]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.