• In an interview with CNN last night, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took “full responsibility” for the security lapse at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that led to the death of four Americans last month. [WaPo]
• By a rare unanimous vote, Israel’s Knesset dissolved itself ahead of elections. [JPost]
• Moshe Dayan’s grave in Israel was desecrated with graffiti on the anniversary of his death. Israeli police suspect that the vandals responsible are Jewish and possibly the bereaved from the Yom Kippur War, during which Dayan served as the Defense Minister. [Times of Israel]
• Ben Masters writes in defense of literary excess, starting with praise of Saul Bellow. [NYT]
• Josh Nathan-Kazis has a Jewish-themed drinking game for tonight’s presidential debate. [Forward]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.